Functional Nutrition Uses Individualized Lifestyle and Diet Analysis to Rebalance Health
Functional diet analysis employs well-researched and time-honored methods to match your unique biochemistry to the foods and eating habits that support your metabolic health in the most effective way possible. We look forward to collaborating with you on this journey and commitment to your health.
Over thousands of years of evolutionary history and environmental changes, people in different parts of the world have developed very distinct nutritional needs in response to a wide range of variables. As a result, people today differ widely in their nutritional requirements. There is no “universal diet” that works for everyone.
History of Body Typing
Medical systems throughout the ages have used methods of “body typing” to determine which foods and dietary habits suit each person best. Traditional Chinese Medicine and Ayurvedic Medicine are two of the ancient systems that are still used today. Modern science has also determined ways to categorize how each person uniquely metabolizes the micro- and macronutrients that he or she eats. Three established scientific methods of body typing are Metabolic Typing, Blood Typing and Endocrine Typing.
The Individualized Diet Analysis Technique
Here at To Your Health Nutrition, we have perfected a technique that melds multiple body typing systems into a unique and effective food plan that is suited to the individual biochemistry of each person. This technique is the foundation of everything we do to rebalance your health. The systems used in this one-of-a-kind nutritional plan are:
- Real Foods Rule: the overriding concept of the plan is that the foods eaten are primarily as nature created them – we suggest 85% real, whole foods with 15% or less of the diet coming from processed and packaged foods
- Metabolic Typing: this system determines the “speed” at which your body oxidizes (burns) macronutrients, especially carbohydrates and fats
- Blood Typing: this system looks at various molecular components of foods that can promote or detract from optimal red blood cell function depending upon the blood type
- The seasonal eating aspect of Ayurvedic Typing: this system uses nature’s natural food cycles to optimize the nutritional value of each food
By combining these aspects into an individualized diet, our unique plan provides a way of eating that fits a person’s metabolism like a well-made glove. Many people find that they can easily stick with their individualized plan since optimizing their metabolism promotes increased energy, optimal body composition, great cognition, and restful sleep. With this plan you will receive:
- Analysis of nutritional and lifestyle habits
- Body typing for individual biochemistry
- Individualized food list and sample menu plan
- Individualized plan for support of chronic illness
Start feeling better than ever with personal nutrition therapy, diet analysis, and lifestyle healthcare services.
Schedule your Complimentary Consultation with Kathy Westover, MA, MNT, FMCHC today and begin your journey to feeling great. Kathy helps women from all over the country gain insight and get real results from the power of nutrition.